Drive-Thru Food Pantry
November 20, 2021 9:00am
Address: Cornerstone Church, 1146 Waterbury Road, Cheshire, CT US 06410
Contact: Janine Mahan e
Drive Through Food Pantry
On Saturday November 20th Cornerstone Church will be distributing a full Thanksgiving meal to those in the greater Cheshire area from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Food items are first come, first served while supplies last. If you or a family you know could use a meal, please click the link below to register. Registration is required. Once you register, just show up on November 20th at the designated time to pick up your food. To ensure the safety of volunteers and community members, patrons are asked to remain in their vehicles and open their trunk.
Called To Help?
If you would like to help here are 4 ways you can serve:
- Fill a bag. Pick up a bag at the church with the list of items to purchase and return it on one of the dates mentioned below. You can also buy specific food items (e.g. cans of corn, hamburger, etc.), or simply make a financial contribution to purchase items on the list. Please make sure to designate your giving as "Drive Through Food Pantry". We are also collecting gift cards so that families can purchase perishable items such as milk, eggs and cheese.
- Pray for the success of this event, for it to reach those in need and be blessed by it.
- Share This information with a family in need. If you know of other families in need, please let them know about this event and have them register either online or by calling the church at 203-272-5083.
- Help out on the day of the event. Join us on the day of the event by volunteering your time to distribute food or join us in praying for God's blessing on all involved. If you would like to help, please click the link below to sign up.
We will be collecting all food EXCEPT the TURKEYS now through November 14th. Food items can be brought to the church during all three services. Look for the collection point in the lobby.
Want to drop off during the week? Please call the church at 203-272-5083 to arrange a time to drop your bags off.
We will begin collecting TURKEYS beginning Sunday, November 14-November 19th.
When donating food items please consider avoiding:
- Food items past the expiration date. We prefer that you purchase items new.
- Items with glass jars which can be broken in transit.
- NO FRESH VEGETABLES/POTATOES/DESSERTS/BREADS
- Do not drop off turkeys before Nov 14- we won’t have anywhere to store it.