May 26, 2021 |
Covid-19 Guidelines - Updated May 26, 2021
Note from Pastor Eric
In the past year, members and attendees of Cornerstone Church repeatedly displayed grace and love through the pandemic and the multiple guidelines coming from our government. We have adapted as conditions have changed. Thank you for the way that you demonstrated Christ’s love and kept others safe. Together, we enabled our congregation to worship, minister to the next generation, care for our neighbors, and engage in community with each other.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as the state of Connecticut, recently changed their guidance for dealing with COVID-19. Both recently ended indoor and outdoor mask mandates for people who are fully vaccinated. Additionally, the governor has lifted all limits on the size of gatherings, and social distancing requirements for events.
Effective immediately, Cornerstone Church is no longer asking individuals to wear masks at our gatherings. We trust attendees and guests to make appropriate decisions for themselves about mask-wearing and other preventative measures. We have outlined several specific guidelines at the end of this letter.
Also, we are removing social distancing requirements at our events. We will continue to monitor CDC and government recommendations, and keep you informed if our gathering guidelines change.
This change will feel significant to many of us as we enter this next season. We ask for continued patience as it will take a little while to get back to a completely mask-free environment. During this season, let’s continue to show grace and love to one another.
In John 13:34-35 “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
We thank God for sustaining our church family through this past season. Please join me in praying that God will use us to build His Kingdom in dramatic ways as we move forward together.
In the Faith, Hope, & Love of Jesus,
Pastor Eric Bucci
- We continue to ask for masks for indoor children church as suggested by the State of Connecticut.
- Vaccinated children do not need to mask.
- Staff and volunteers leading Cornerstone Kids ministry will wear masks indoors.
- Registration required (on our website) for kid's church.
People with Medical Conditions
- Per the state of Connecticut, those unable to wear masks because of health concerns do not need to mask.
Dream Teamers (Volunteers)
- Vaccinated dream teamers (ushers, greeters, musicians) serving adults and teens do not need to mask.
- Unvaccinated volunteers are asked to use their own discretion with the Connecticut mask mandate indoors.